Law on the Edge is jointly presented by the Canadian Law and Society Association and the Law and Society Association of Australia and New Zealand and will be hosted on-campus at the beautiful University of British Columbia in Vancouver from 1 – 4 July 2013. Proposals for conference sessions (detailed below) must be e-mailed email@example.com by 10 December 2012.
The concept of living on the edge is not simply geo-political. While it is a politics of the edge, perpetually responding to and writing back at the centre, it is also a recognition that law itself constitutes boundaries and edges, creating sameness, difference, Others and allies. The conference planning emphasizes the following themes:
– Law in times of crisis, tragedy & uncertainty;
– Indigeneity, pluralism & difference;
– Law on the geopolitical edge;
– Connections, departures, mobilities; and
– New legal spaces on the edge.
Read more on the website.